Thursday, October 11, 2012

VooDoo Doughnuts

Once located in a hole-in-the-wall, VooDoo Doughnuts in Portland, now has a corner spot on Third Street along a walking strip with a coffee shop and bars.
Although I was ready to wait in line, we walked right into this popular doughnut shop. I don't normally eat doughnuts, but I was intriqued by the concept: different shapes and different toppings.
There were two turning display boxes with dozens and dozens of different doughnuts.
My daughter quickly spotted the doughnut covered in tiny M&Ms.
"I want M&Ms," she yelled, over and over until the doughnut was sitting in front of her.
I wanted a chocolate chocolate one, but not too sugary or fattening....wishful thinking, right?
The man helping us, suggested a double chocolate with cocoa puffs on top.
"Eh," I said.
Next, he suggested a chocolate cake doughnut covered in cinnamon and ceyanne pepper.
It was perfect.
VooDoo Doughnuts:
22 SW 3rd Ave., Portland
1501 N.E. Davis St., Portland
20 East Broadway at Willamette Ave., Eugene
voodoodoughnut.com



Her doughnut: covered in M&Ms
 
 My doughnut: chocolate cake covered in cinnamon and ceyanne pepper
First she picked the M&Ms off, then she just went in for the kill. Luckily for me, she just ate a few M&Ms and then "saved it for later."

No comments:

Post a Comment