Friday, July 24, 2015

It's real, and it's near

It's starting to feel real. Butterflies are in my stomach. Both excited butterflies, and the omg-what-am-i-doing? butterflies. Seriously, what am I thinking to pack up myself and my 6-year-old daughter for six months and go to another country? 
Have I lost my mind? Some people have said yes. But where would be without people you leapt first and thought second.
I've learned that sometimes you have to say, "this seems crazy, and it probably is, but I'm going to not think about it and just do it."
Some examples that come to mind are the time I jumped off a large rock in the Pacific Ocean in Waimea Bay on the island is Oahu in Hawaii.
Another one is when I decided to not get a full-time, steady job with benefits and instead I pieced together a living with freelance and one-off gigs. I love it. I don't want to go back. Doing that has enabled me to pack up and head to Japan/Asia for six months. I still need to make money, but I can do it from anywhere because of what I've built--and because of technology.
I'm so excited to see what life has i store for my girl and I in Japan.


No comments:

Post a Comment