Tuesday, April 2, 2013

"Nowhere to be and all day to get there"

That's my favorite song by the Waybacks (they performed in Stadium Park years ago). That's how I feel right now. I could go anywhere right now. I'm going to Metz, was going to try and visit a friend in Germany at the American Airforce base in Ramstein, but no train there today.
I've been trying to firm up a place to stay in Metz for tonight-I do have one for tomorrow night, however.
I attempted to take the 1:40 pm train to Metz, but the ticket machine would t take my card and the line for tickets was Lon and SLOW. I didn't get my ticket until 1 pm. So now what? Sitting in the train station people watching and blogging and ill likely pull out my Kindle-I'm in the middle of a good book.
While I'm a slight bit anxious about not having a place to stay, I'm not worried. Worst comes to worst I'll hop on a train or bus and go somewhere else (most likely to you, Jessica B.)
I'm sad to leave Paris, but after seeing the difference between London an Canterbury, I'm ready to et out of the city. Now I'll really have to use French instead of relying on everyone to know English (and they do-they often start talking to me I. English the second I open my mouth).
I'm sad that my vacation-the first alone in years (and by alone I mean sans my constant companion)-is nearly over; though I miss my girl dearly! It's been nice to have a break from always working or being a mother. Needed to recharge and seeing the world is a high priority to me and it's been pushed to the back burner.
Next year, Paula and I are going to Russia!! Anyone want to take my girl for two weeks? :P Just kidding, but only slightly. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment