Friday, March 22, 2013

The waiting

It feels like a dream. I'm an hour from my flight to London taking off. Traveling has been such a desire for me. Really, what I believe I'm built for-exploring the planet on which we live and sharing those inhabitants' stories. I've put it on the back burner. Not any longer.
This trip. Was more of a whim. Well...not even a whim, really. My brother and I were chatting on Facebook and he said, "after I visit you, I'm flying from SLO to London."
"I want to go!" I hastily wrote back. As if, I thought bitterly.
That wishful thinking sentence led to more wishful writing between Tyler, which led to "well, why the hell not "
Which turned to "I'm going to Europe for two weeks."
The initial planning, however was for Tyler, my girl and I. I was excited to take her and write about traveling Europe with a 4-year-old. My mother soon offered to come out to California from Kansas to stay with A. My immediate reaction was "NO! We're both going!" After a weekend travel writing boot camp, I quickly called my mom and said "Ok, let's do it." That was in September. Here we are 6 months later. It's happening. Holy cow!!!! I've been to Europe before, heck, I've been to London before, but my last international travel was 13 years ago, when I was 20.
One thing I live about traveling is the people watching. Absolutely intriguing. People are so interesting to just watch. How different we all are, but also how similar we are. We are all people.

No comments:

Post a Comment