Friday, March 22, 2013

Two-week Europe trip here I come

I'm getting ready to start a two-week European adventure with my brother. The backing-through-Europe, staying-at-hostels-crashing-on-couches type of trip. The kind you'd expect a newly graduated high school or college student to do.
Instead, it's the single, working parent of a 4-year-old. I'm excited for two weeks of ME time. No planning my schedule around my girl's sleep schedule or her "fussy" time.
The last several vacations I've gone on, I was left with "why did I even spend all this money on a vacation to enjoy none of it." I would go home more exhausted from 24/7 of being withy daughter. I live her and enjoy being around her, but there are limits to how much she can handle.
I feel like a child let less on her own. No one to worry about but herself.
Work will survive without me. And although it's a bit saddening to me, so will my daughter, though she keeps saying "I'm going to be SO hungry" or "who's going to take care of me?"
The longest we've been apart is 3 days and that was only 3 weeks ago.
I'm waiting to get on my first flight of the trip, SLO to LAX, then LAX to Heathrow.
I can't seem to relax, yet.
I've got the important things with me. My child is in good hands and there's not much else I can do right now. Except relax.
That will be the most important thing this vacation: relax. Slow down and breathe. Don't worry. Things will work out the way they will.
Stay tuned for updates throughout my trip. I'll post as often as I can. Let me know what you think I should see or do in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment